MAINTENANCE AND RECYCLING NEWS
The Maintenance site and Recycling center will be closed Saturday, December 31st, 2022 in observance of New Years Eve. Regular Tuesday Saturday scheduling resumes on January 3rd, 2023.
New “NO BLUE BAGS” INITIATIVE saves us all money.
Effective immediately, recycled items will be emptied out of blue bags and put into the dumpster loose. Paper bags like grocery shopping bags filled with recycling can be used and are easy because the paper is also recyclable. The paper bag and recyclables can go in the dumpster. Use of a bin that can be emptied at the recycling center is an option or simply fill your blue bags, but then empty the bag into the dumpster at the recycling center. That way, your blue bags can be reused! Alternatively, if you have a large stock of blue bags you’ve already purchased, it is now accepted as a regular trash bag. They can be used up with regular household trash.
Plastic bags have been shown to clog up the process at the sorting facility and we’ve been instructed to discontinue using them.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance with this change.
If you are unsure about what is accepted and not accepted, please call the site at 920-980-0198. Leave a message – your call will be returned. See listing below for what you can and cannot drop off at the Transfer Station.
Hours: Tuesday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Located at: 4430 Meyer Road
If a holiday lands on a Tuesday or Saturday the Transfer Station will be CLOSED on that day and resume it’s schedule on the next scheduled day.
If aluminum cans are separated, we recycle them and use the money to defer other costs to the Town of Wilson. This ultimately saves us all money!
- Standard plastic , glass and aluminum recycling
- Branches or brush
- Cardboard – place FLATTENED cardboard in separate cardboard dumpster
- Cooking Oil
- Empty or dried out latex paint cans
- Grass clippings and leaves – unbagged
- Ranges, water heaters and other metal
- Small amounts of wood and lumber
- Tires ($3 per car tire, $6 per truck tire, $10 per tractor tire)
- Waste or drain-oil in containers no larger than 2 gallons
- Aerosols, acids and bases, oil paint and related products
- Air Conditioners
- Batteries and fluorescent light bulbs and fixtures
- Bushes and tree stumps
- Carpeting and carpet padding
- Cell phones
- Concrete, demolition materials from remodeling projects
- Dehumidifiers, refrigerators, freezers
- DVD Players
- Fax Machines
- Household furniture
- Household hazardous waste, lawn and garden pesticides
- Indoor or outdoor furniture
- Large amounts of lumber
- Mattresses, box springs, furniture, rugs, carpeting, padding
- Old gasoline or gas cans
- Particle board, OSB or any type of laminated wood products
- Poisons, solvents & cleaners, thinners & varnishes
- Razing, construction, renovation materials
- Refuse from commercial and/or industrial sites
- Telephones with LCD Displays
- Toilets, fiberglass or plastic sinks, tubs or washbasins